Every day, 22,000 children die from poverty.
If a girl completes primary school, her chances of getting HIV/AIDS falls by half.
Education is a fundamental human right.
Can you read the above? Try to sound it out. Try to figure it out from context. You can't, right? You have no idea what it says. This is what it's like to be illiterate. Spend some time looking at that paragraph. Really look at it. No matter how hard you look, it doesn't get any easier, does it?
775 million people in the world are illiterate today. 775,000,000 people. That's more than half the population of India. Or about two and a half times the population of the US.
Your donation will help. Any amount, no matter how small, will go toward helping us bring education to a village in Nepal. buildOn works with the country and their department of education to prevent dependency. We provide the bricks, the spark, the community provides the passion to keep the fire alive.
Please donate today, and help us bring opportunity, hope, and education to the world.
Lewis & Clark BuildOn is now in its third year as a college chapter. Started in 2011 by Alyssa Ransbury, we have successfully raised $60,000 and built two schools: one in Malawi and one in Haiti. The club is inhabited by people who love education and the causes that BuildOn stands for. We are not a charity, we are a movement.
What will your donation do?
- $1 buys a brick toward building a classroom.
- $16 provides a space in a clean, safe classroom for one student to learn for one month in a developing country.
- $68 provides an essential chalkboard for a classroom.
- $377 provides the opportunity for literacy, math, and basic science education for one child in a developing country.
- $500 empowers an entire village by sponsoring a class focusing on literacy and rural development for village adults.
- $4,250 provides desks and chairs for an entire school.
- $10,000 funds one classroom in a buildOn schoolhouse in a developing country.
- $32,000 changes an entire village. Give children and adults, boys and girls a chance to alter the course of their lives through education by funding a schoolhouse. It will provide a clean, safe environment for literacy, math, and basic science education.
With support from individuals, families, businesses, and organizations around the world, buildOn helps people change their own lives for good – and help their villages and communities build a brighter future for everyone. For more information about buildOn, please visit http://www.buildon.org.
BuildOn is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization and your donation is applicable for IRS tax credit (tax ID# 22-3128648).
Thanks so much for your generosity!